Total Pageviews

Saturday, August 8, 2026

Editing is hard work!

I have family and friends anxious to read my book, and I'm still struggling with edits and rewrites. I printed out my current version today, all 150 pages, and as it printed, I noticed many errors that still are not resolved. 

One chapter is printed twice, so I'll have to go in and delete that, which will screw up my chapter count, and several are in a different font. I'm still finding weak verbs, which are a constant issue in my writing. 

Before this book is truly complete, I'll probably have 20 versions. Grrr!
I'm sure other artists suffer the same frustrations, but this is the first time I've had to edit so much. It makes me wonder if the whole project is worth all the work and effort. 

But quitting is not an option for me. This book is part of my legacy for my children and grandchildren, and I want to finish my other novel before I die, and I have already started writing my second story that will be a sequel to Hero in Cowboy Boots. It's the story of my male protagonist's friend, Jarred. I haven't even outlined this one yet.
But I definitely plan to write an outline. It's just too darned hard to write by the seat of my pants, which are way too big anyway!

Anyway, back to work on HICB. I'll get this story done if it kills me, or something else does. If anyone is reading this, pray for perseverance. I'm going to need it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you wish to comment, please include your full name and email address. No vulgar language. If you wish to comment privately, please comment to me personally by email at nurseartist1951@gmail.com. Thank you. Have a nice day.